border

border

Saturday, February 13, 2010

A 60-Second Valentine Dessert to Die For

So this has absolutely nothing to do with living intentionally, unless you failed to be intentional about planning a special Valentine treat for your loved ones. As  was driving today, the radio was tuned to gourmet chef Melinda Lee, and she gave this speedy recipe for a chocolate mousse that sounded divine.  Since I happened to have all the ingredients here I decided to make it for Valentine's day.  I just finished, and although I haven't tasted the chilled product, I licked the spoon enough to know it was heavenly for anyone who loves chocolate and has a blender handy.  And that's when I knew I had to share it with you.  So here goes:

Ingredients: 6 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 egg, 1 tsp. vanilla and 1 cup of heavy cream.  

Put the cream on low heat -- you want it to get to the point where it is bubbling around the edges, but not full boil.  Meanwhile, put the chips, the egg and vanilla in the blender and chop it up for a minute or so.  When the cream is bubbling, take the center of the lid off the blender and while you blend on low, start slowly pouring the cream in.  This will cook the egg and melt the chocolate and within a minute you are done!  Pour it into a large bowl or several small ones -- I filled 5 small souffle ramikins.  Chill until it is set -- that's it!

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment