border

border

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

BEATING THE ODDS

In my desire to be more intentional, I've begun listening to sermons online while I put on my makeup.  Yesterday I heard one on New Year's resolutions that was pretty discouraging.  According to the research, not too many people make them anymore, and of those who do, only about 8% make it past the FIRST WEEK!!!

I only have one word in response: GRACE.  I will not succeed in living more intentionally because I made a resolution to do so, but because my Heavenly Father is the One who put the idea in my heart and will thus give me the grace to continue.  What this means practically is that when I've failed for a day or two or even a week or month, my only recourse is to come to Him in my weakness and ask for greater grace.  The beauty is that He loves to give it, that He waits on high to be gracious to us (Isaiah 30:18). 

And by His grace, I plan to beat the odds.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment